The world is a bit of a crazy place at the moment, and we know everyone is dealing with a lot of uncertainty. In light of recent government guidelines, as well as information we have received from various game publishers, we are making a number of changes in order to allow our store to remain open in these difficult times.
Proud Lion Comics
For the foreseeable future, Proud Lion Comics and Osiris Games will both be operating from 8 St George's Place. This allows us to reduce outgoing costs and increase cleaning procedures, keeping the premises as clean and safe as possible. This does mean we may need slightly more time to process your transactions, as we are doing our best to incorporate two different systems into a single building, so we appreciate your patience while we handle this.
New opening hours
From Wednesday 18th March, we will be amending our opening times to those listed below. On weekdays we will be closed from 4pm to 4:30pm to allow for in-store cleaning.
Wed/Thu/Fri: 11am - 4pm / 4:30pm - 7pm
Sat: 11am - 5:30pm
Sun: 11am - 4pm
Our webstore will remain open, allowing all our customers to shop for click-and-collect or shipping if required. (Please be aware that shipping times may be affected by current circumstances, though we will do everything we can to get your items to you as quickly and economically as possible.) We are also working on a local delivery option for those who require it; more details coming soon.
Our in-store games library is closed until further notice. We have also removed all tablecloths from store in order to allow us to better clean all surfaces.
Some publishers have instructed us not to run any organised play events for their games, and others have been reviewed internally. We will not be running any organised play for the following games:
- Pokemon TCG (until mid May) - includes casual league, league challenges, and prerelease (see below for more prerelease information)
- Fantasy Flight Games, including X-Wing, Marvel Champions, Keyforge, etc. (until 1st June)
- Beginners Dungeons & Dragons (until further notice)
We will continue to run some events, but with restrictions in place. Any changes to these will be notified as soon as possible.
- D&D Wildemount One Shots - Players must have their own set of dice and pencils/pens. Extra space will be given to ensure all players can distance themselves from others as much as possible.
- MTG Commander (Fridays) - Maximum player cap of 12. Extra space will be given to ensure all players can distance themselves from others as much as possible.
- MTG Friday Night Magic - Maximum player cap of 12. Extra space will be given to ensure all players can distance themselves from others as much as possible. We will not be running any drafts, but players may still play sealed or pack war games. All players will need to bring their own basic land for this, as we will no longer be offering the store land box for use.
- Game Mastering for Beginners - Maximum 10 attendees. Extra space will be given to ensure all attendees can distance themselves from others as much as possible.
- MTG Commander Challenge - Maximum player cap of 12. Extra space will be given to ensure all players can distance themselves from others as much as possible.
Our Pandemic Survival 2020 event has been postponed until this summer (replacement date TBD).
Prereleases (Magic: The Gathering Ikoria and Pokemon Rebel Clash)
For Pokemon TCG, the prerelease events for Rebel Clash will not be going ahead, as instructed by The Pokemon Company. Arrangements are being put in place that will allow us to still provide kits to those who intended to participate in these events; further details will be available at a later date.
For Magic: The Gathering, the prerelease events for Ikoria will be going ahead, but will be significantly altered. We will be reducing the player cap, reducing the number of rounds, and requiring all players to bring their own land wherever possible. Wizards of the Coast are also allowing us to provide prerelease kits to players who are unable to attend an event, so you may have a prerelease at home instead. Again, further details on this will be available at a later date.
Please note the above information regarding all Organised Play is subject to change. Any alterations will be notified to players as soon as possible.
Help with online play
We appreciate many of our customers are self-isolating, or are expecting to be doing so in the coming weeks. We are currently exploring all available options of offering online play for some of our events. We are also planning to provide articles and/or videos of how to set up RPGs (such as Dungeons & Dragons) for online play, so you can continue your campaigns (or learn to play) from home. Please stay tuned for more information about this coming soon.
Our thoughts go out to everyone affected by COVID-19. A lot of small businesses are in the same boat as us - or worse in the case of small theatres, pubs and restaurants - and we urge you all to shop local as much as you can in the coming weeks.
We ask anyone who shows symptoms of the virus to stay away (you're all awesome but please understand why we're saying this) and to act as per the recommended NHS advice at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
If anything changes again as things develop, we will of course update you ASAP - via social media and email where possible.