MTG Commander Challenge (Sunday 9th February, 12pm)
By purchasing a ticket to this event, you agree to the event terms and conditions.
Please note some changes have been made to the standard running of this event. Changes to be aware of are highlighted in red!
Choose your commander and carve your path to victory in this unique multiplayer Magic format. Call on powerful planeswalkers and deploy their signature strategies to make sure you're the last player standing - or have left the largest impact in your wake...
You'll need everything required to play a game of Multiplayer Commander, including a legal Commander deck and any tokens, dice, life trackers, etc.
For this event, players will have two rounds of 90 minutes each to score as many points as possible. Players will be divided into pods of 3-4 players each - randomly for the first round, and according to points rank for the second. If time is reached on either round, the game ends immediately.
Players can receive points for each line below, once per game. You cannot force another player to score negative points. Please note that infinite combos can only score a maximum of two lines per game!
- Eliminate a player before the game's 5th turn (-4)
- Destroy 2 or more lands of an opponent (-3)
- Cast 3 or more spells in a turn (+1)
- Destroy 2 or more Planeswalkers (+1)
- Destroy or exile 10 or more creatures in a turn (+1)
- Control 10 or more creatures at once (+1)
- Eliminate a player (+1)
- Save a player from being eliminated (+1)
- Deal 21 Commander damage to a single player (+1)
- Be the first player eliminated (no ties) (+1)
- Cast your Commander 3 times (+1)
- Bring back 4 creatures from any graveyard (+1)
- First to deal combat damage (+1)
- Win a game (+1)
- Control a creature with Power or Toughness of 21 or more (+1)
Every player will receive one Token for taking part. The top 7 players at the end of the event will each receive a Theros promo pack - standard packs for 3rd - 7th, and premium packs for 1st and 2nd!