Beginners Dungeons & Dragons
If you want to learn Dungeons & Dragons but don't know where to start, this is the place for you! Beginners D&D is a series of beginner-focused sessions to show you the ropes and prepare you for playing in - or even running - your own games. These run weekly on Thursdays from 7pm to 9:30pm, and cost £1 per week to play. You don't need to sign up in advance, just drop in (before 7pm) on the day!
You don't need anything to get started; we'll have everything you need for your first day so you can jump straight in to the game! Adventures played for beginners will focus on a series of one-shot stories, designed to be played in a single sitting, so you don't miss part of the story if you miss a session.
To be notified of any expected changes or cancellations, please join our RPG Facebook group. Due to the number of players that regularly rotate through these events, this is our only method of communication should an update be required!There are a few rules we ask all our players to be aware of:
- Beginner's D&D is for players who are genuinely new to D&D, so if you have experience playing or running the game already, we cannot guarantee you a seat - new players always have priority for spaces.
- We do have a store code of conduct which all participants are expected to follow in order to take part.
- We don't allow spectators or non-players due to space limitations. If you have a carer, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make appropriate adjustments if required.
- All players must be at least 16 years old to participate.
- Players must arrive by the start time of the event (7pm); late arrivals cause disruption to the game, so players arriving after 7pm will not be able to participate.
If you're an experienced player, or you've completed around 10 sessions of Beginners D&D and would like to continue playing, we recommend taking a look at our RPG Campaigns.
Want to help us run D&D in store? Click here to apply to be a store Game Master!