SHOBU is a beautifully crafted abstract strategy game for two players. SHOBU is made of beautiful, natural elements, wood boards, a cotton rope divider and tumbled river stones as playing pieces, giving it incredible table appeal.
Instantly familiar, yet wholly unique unto its own, SHOBU feels like a game that has stood the test of time. The rules are amazingly simple and can be learned in moments, yet halfway through your first game, you realize the game has a depth and spatial challenge similar to 3-D chess. Simply brilliant.
Number of players: 2
For Ages: 8+
Playing Time: 20 - 30 minutes
- Move one of your stones up to two spaces in any direction, including diagonally.
- Match that move with another of your stones on the opposite color board – and push an opponent’s stone off the board's edge.
- Remove all four of your opponent's stones from any ONE board to win.
- 4 etched wood game boards
- 16 Black polished river stones
- 16 White polished river stones
- 1 cotton dividing rope